Hampshire County Council - Boundary Review

At the recent Annual Assembly, concerns were raised by residents about the electoral division boundary review currently being performed by the Local Government Boundary Commission. The current recommendation of this group is to attach Boldre Parish to the constituency of the County Councillor for Lymington. The Parish Council has strongly objected to the proposal and this position has been supported by Ken Thornber our current Hampshire County Representative.

Further details of the current proposal can be found here:

On 14th December 2015 Boldre Parish Council passed unanimously the following proposition:

“That this Council:

1.       Objects to any reduction in the number of county divisions covering the New Forest and, 

2.       Strongly objects to Boldre Parish being joined with Lymington as a single county council division.”

The formal consultation process on this has now closed but if you would like to comment on this issue, please contact us using the "Contact Us" form on the website and we shall ensure that your views are passed on.

Annual Parish Assembly



GUEST SPEAKER: Mr George Bisson - “Why I became a Councillor."

Mr Bisson intends to share some of his reasons for volunteering and some of the frustrations experienced. He will also explain his role within the National Park and the South East Quadrant

All welcome - light refreshments

HCC News for Local Councils - Feb 2016

The February edition of News for Local Councils form Hampshire Country Council can be found here.

Topics include:

  • Household Waste Recycling Centre consultation 2016
  • Views sought on new way to support Hampshire's families in need
  • Hampshire and the Isle of Wight’s Devolution proposals
  • Keeping Hampshire Moving through the winter
  • Hampshire’s Walking Strategy in place
  • Neighbourhood Planning in Hampshire

and many others.

Beacons to mark the Queens Birthday Celebrations

On Thursday 21 April HM The Queen's 90th birthday will be marked by the lighting of beacons up and down the country, as part of a long tradition of celebrating royal events in this way. Town and parish councils, community organisations and groups of all sizes are invited to take part and events can be large or small. The event is being organised by the Queen’s Pageantmaster and HM The Queen will light the Principle Beacon on 21 April.

You can register your interest in taking part or find out more by contacting:

Bruno Peek

LVO OBE OPR Pageantmaster Pageantmaster House, 110 Lowestoft Road, Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 6NB, United Kingdom

Telephone: + 44 (0)7737 262 913

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


A Guide to Taking Part is available to download from our website 

The full notice is avialable here: pdfDownload79 KB

Highways Problems in Boldre Parish

The recent high winds and heavy rain has once again highlighted the issues we face in Boldre with flooding, potholes and other highways issues. Boldre Parish Council works with Hampshire Highways and other landowners to try and resolve these issues by informing them of specific issues in the Parish and working with them to find resolution. A log of problems being worked on by the Parish Council is available here.

The process takes time to identify landowners and budget cuts within Hampshire Highways often mean that works cannot be given the necessary  priority. Parishioners can help with this in two ways:

  1. Ensuring that ditches and drains under their ownership are regularly cleared and maintained to allow the existing water system to work at its maximum capacity.
  2. By reporting problems with Highways that are not causing a risk to life or obstruction should be reported to Hampshire Highways:

We have found regular occurrences where a problem impacting multiple parishioners has only been reported once to Hampshire Highways and as such does not receive the appropriate priority.  If you see an problem, we advise you to:

  1. Take photos and other evidence to show the extent of the problem
  2. Report it to Hampshire Highways on the day you spot it. Problems that have a current impact are more highly prioritized
  3. Make sure your neighbors and others impacted by the problem report it. The more reports the higher the priority
  4. For persistent problems, contact the Parish Council