The New Forest National Park Authority and local buildings expert Kevin Stubbs are delivering a series of evening talks for homeowners in the New Forest.
The talks are part of the Building Skills project, one of 21 projects being delivered through the Our Past, Our Future Landscape Partnership Scheme. The project is informing local people of the importance of traditional buildings to the area’s character whilst providing knowledge of specialist repair techniques. This information is helping conserve and enhance the local distinctiveness of the settlements within the Forest as they raise awareness and encourage sensitive repair and management.
The series of evening talks begins in November on Wednesday evenings in Brockenhurst Village Hall. The subjects that will be covered are as follows:
- New Forest cob, thatch, flint and stone Wednesday 20 November, 7pm – 9.30pm.
- New Forest brick, mortar, plasters and renders Wednesday 4 December, 7pm – 9.30pm.
- New Forest timber framed buildings and timber roof structure Wednesday 15 January, 7pm – 9.30pm.
- New Forest tile, slate and lead roof coverings Wednesday 29 January, 7pm – 9.30pm.
- New Forest building details and finishes Wednesday 12 February, 7pm – 9.30pm.