As you may know the Saturday 112 services ceased operation at the end of March 2019. Boldre Parish Council (BPC), working with East Boldre PC, has been investigating ways this service might be replaced.
We believe, broadly, that two main groups of passengers have been affected:
- Young residents who relied on the bus to attend work in Lymington on Saturdays
- Older residents who used the bus to attend the hospital, or Saturday market & shops, in Lymington
Several options have been proposed, including:
- A replacement taxi service * Car sharing (e.g. Go Car Share)
- Use of school or Community First minibuses
- Car services via a Good Neighbours Network, or Lymington Voluntary Care Group (01590 679187) for those with medical appointments
We need to establish the level of demand for a replacement service, and ask for your thoughts on the following points:
How often would you use the new service?
Where would you travel from/to?
What times would you need to travel?
How often did you use the Saturday 112 service?
How often do you use the weekday 112 service?
If you have other ideas on how we can address this, please let us know as your input would be very welcome. Paper versions of this questionnaire are available at the Community Shop. Alternatively, you can provide feedback via:
Mail: Parish Clerk, Boldre Parish Council, c/o Community Shop, PILLEY, Lymington, SO41 5QP
Online: Contact Us