Some big issues are facing the New Forest in the coming years. The organisations with the main remit for both protecting the National Park and enabling people to enjoy it need your help to:
- provide the best recreational experience for local people and our visitors
- protect the very thing these people come to see – the spectacular, yet fragile landscape which is a haven for many rare wildlife species
- ensure limited resources are spent wisely.
The current approach is described in the Recreation Management Strategy 2010-2030. We need to agree a much smaller number of high priority tasks alongside others that are more ‘business as usual’. As you take part in the consultation, please share your thoughts about what would be best for the long term future of the New Forest as a whole, as well as your personal interests.
You can leave feedback here: http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/futureforest
9 June to 13 August 2017: An initial ‘call for views’ to ask people about the overall rationale for managing recreation across the whole of the New Forest and surrounding areas, and to guide the development of revised and prioritised actions.
- Autumn/winter 2017/18: The update to the Strategy is drafted to reflect the feedback.
- 2018: Public consultation on the draft update.